It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Alco Switcher (S1-4) and RS-1 Window Gasket Material
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:11 pm 

I am in the process of having new window gaskets made for my RS-1. This is a 2 piece application with a backer and a push-in. The window channel is @ 5/8" wide and the glass thickness is 1/4" (original application) NOT for FRA Type 1/2 applications. The same gasket material was used on the number boards on these locomotives. I would like to know if anyone else is interested in ordering material as new tooling will be made. The material will be compliant with all new regs. I will have pricing sometime next week, please PM me if there is any interest in purchasing any. Thanks

Fred.

Post subject: Re: Alco Switcher (S1-4) and RS-1 Window Gasket Material
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:27 pm 

I received the quote and will be reaching out to those who PM'd interest in this gasket material. This style window arrangement was used on at least the HH series, S1-S4 switchers and RS-1 road switchers. I'd still like to know if anyone else would like to purchase gasket material. So far I have 3 users requesting and will run about 500 feet if they purchase. There is a significant price break at a 1000' run. Please let me know if anyone is interested in tacking onto this order. Lead time is roughly 5 weeks. Material is FRA Neoprene 70 durometer. I am going to order by the end of October. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Alco Switcher (S1-4) and RS-1 Window Gasket Material
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:57 pm 

In case anyone is wondering what it looks like and the profile. I checked my DRP's and the actual original glass was spec'd at 3/16" but I pulled 1/4" out of my windows. It should work either way.

Fred

Attachments:
Alco Cab Weatherstrip .pdf [226.07 KiB]
Downloaded 284 times