It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ride the WW&F "Virtually" on the First Public Train to...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:17 am 

...Mile Post 8!

Over the last two months, volunteers at the WW&F in Maine have been hard at work ballasting about a half mile of our "Mountain" Grade, On Friday, the first public passenger train to this location since 1933 will bring 40 guests just south of Trout Brook Bridge as part of a special fundraising event.

While the remote nature of the WW&F mainline will not allow "livestreaming", we will be producing a special, exclusive video for "virtual" ticket holders on this historic trip. We'd appreciate your support by purchasing a virtual ticket at: https://fareharbor.com/embeds/book/wwfry/items/244380/calendar/2020/08/?full-items=yes

Of course, for anyone who is willing/able to join us in person, we have a few tickets left for Friday, and several for Saturday's "second section". Pie and lemonade will be served to in-person attendees. All off our 2020 events are now on sale at: http://www.wwfry.org - click "Book Now". (All trains are limited to 40 passengers to allow safe social distancing,)

See you (virtually) on the Sheepscot Valley Narrow Gauge!

Post subject: Re: Ride the WW&F "Virtually" on the First Public Train to..
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:10 pm 

By popular demand, we are selling the "virtual tickets" to the WW&F Mile Post 8 Excursion via our online gift shop.

This exclusive video for virtual ticket-holders (accessed via an Internet link which will be emailed to you) includes a steam-powered, narrow gauge revenue freight delivery; excursion trips to Top of the Mountain; the first public passenger train to Mile Post 8 (just south of the Trout Brook Bridge) since 1933; and the sights and sounds of locomotive #9 hauling a 3-car passenger train up the 3% grade.

Duration is 1hr 9min. Videography by Eric Schade. "Tickets" are $25.

Purchase the Virtual WW&F Ticket is at: https://giftshop.wwfry.org/product/virtual-video-trip-to-the-ww-f-ry-museum/411?cs=true

(It can also be found at http://giftshop.wwfry.org under DVDs and Videos.)

Thanks to all who already purchased your ticket - you should have received the video link via email.
We sincerely appreciate everyone's continued support of the Sheepscot Valley Narrow Gauge.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:21 pm 

So is this 360⁰ VR capable video or just a standared video?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:16 pm 

It is a standard video that was edited together to provide a "Virtual Visit" over the three days.

We wanted to do a livestream, but the remote location of the WW&F makes Internet access difficult, especially out on the line. The whole area is in a known mobile "dead zone".

We have sold nearly 40 tickets (both pre- and post- event) at $25 each - netting $1000 in pure profit to the museum. Obviously this is much needed income for 2020.