It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: News on the return of Reading 2102
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:47 pm 

*DISCLAIMER* I’m just an interested bystander here, and cannot answer any questions about what they’re doing with 2102 and their plans for excursions because I know just as much as everyone else not in the loop.

So, heading that the RBMN finally got their bridge project near Jim Thorpe PA completed earlier this month, I decided to head over to their website once again and read one of their square space magazines they post every quarter. They’re all free, located just at the bottom of their website. When I was reading this I was surprised to find there was a public update on 2102 on page 11 of their most recent magazine, just below the picture of their two SD50-2 locomotives.

“Steam locomotive 2102 had extensive work to the boiler performed this past year; the firebox with many new steel sheets welded in, 700 new stay bolts and 600 stay bolt sleeves were installed and installed all tubes/ flues in boiler, ten new washout plugs and all new boiler studs were also installed. In addition 90% of the lubrication lines were replaced, rebuilt both lubricators and the Worthington cold water pump was rebuilt. Still a lot of work to be done but we are expecting to have the locomotive in service by the third quarter of 2020“

Great to know from the RBMN itself that 2102 is nearing completion.

If you want to read the whole magazine, it’s linked right here
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... preads.pdf