It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ASR Reading T-1 No. 2100 Update
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:18 am 

Good evening fellow RYPN'ers,

Happy New Year!

The Christmas season was a great time to share our project with all the Open House visitors we had and we still managed to continue to make progress on a few key tasks despite the Open House activity.

We are resuming work this month again on the 2100 and hope you will come visit us at the roundhouse, perhaps join ASR, buy a few raffle tickets for our next raffle drawing or become a $21.00 a month supporter. There are so many ways you can help ASR and the 2100 restoration effort. Thanks again for all of you who have supported us and we look forward to our continued partnership with all of you in 2020!

Here is the link to our December 2019 Video Update:
https://youtu.be/QJShJpUO_xA

Sincerely,

Rob Gardner
ASR VP and 2100 Project Manager

Post subject: Re: ASR Reading T-1 No. 2100 Update
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:06 am 

Rob: Will you be at Springfield this week coming?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:22 am 

I visited their operation a few weeks back and can report that the work they're doing to bring the 2100 back to life ( as God and the Reading intended as a coal burner !! ) is first rate and I'm confident that when they're done she will be a good performer.

IMHO they deserve the support of all who can afford to pitch in.

Happy New Year, Ross Rowland

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:05 am 

Richard, unfortunately I won't be there. However, look for Forerst Nace and Steve Harvey. They will be there. Our booth should be in the same spot it was last year.

Ross, as always, your kind words of encouragement are like gold. We are looking to make some significant forward progress in the next few months.

Rob Gardner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:16 pm 

I'm very happy to see the headway they've made. I was lucky enough to see/ride 2100 out of Tacoma a few times, but I'd love to know she's back in Reading markings and burning coal!
co614 wrote:
I visited their operation a few weeks back and can report that the work they're doing to bring the 2100 back to life ( as God and the Reading intended as a coal burner !! ) is first rate and I'm confident that when they're done she will be a good performer.

IMHO they deserve the support of all who can afford to pitch in.

Makes sense, Ross, as you fully know she has the tender you personally used on the Freedom Train, when the current tender on 2100 was instead used on your "AFT # 1," aka RDG 2101 when you ran her in the East...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:43 pm 

All,

Just bumping this back to the top to remind everyone we are still selling raffle tickets for either $500.00 CASH or a chance at winning a custom painted HO scale Broadway Limited Reading T-1 No.2100 in the classic freight scheme. An added feature with these raffle tickets, is that you can sign up for any monthly recurring purchase amount to help fund the restoration and continue to be entered in each monthly drawing or whenever we get 500 tickets sold.
https://www.fireup2100.org/product/five-raffle-tickets/

Your raffle tickets as well as many items are for sale in our online Gift Shop including a brand new book offering entitled "Firing the Steam Locomotive".
https://www.fireup2100.org/product/firi ... ocomotive/

Also, stay tuned to our FB page and the Fireup2100 website for some exciting announcements regarding our "Legends of Steam" series in 2020!

As always, thank you to all of our contributors from RYPN land. Your support is greatly appreciated. If you haven't contributed yet, I would invite you to visit the Fireup2100 website and even pay us a visit in Cleveland during one of our open houses or look us up during a work session so we can give you the nickel tour and sign you up! Every dollar helps and we look forward to showing you even more progress in the coming months.

Until next time, stay warm and we'll be chatting again soon.

Sincerely,

Rob Gardner
ASR VP and 2100 Project Manager