It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ASR 2100 July 2019 Update and Ross Rowland Event Update
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:18 pm 

All,

In case you haven't seen it, here is the link to our very recently released July 2019 video update on the 2100 here:
https://youtu.be/pN84HA5grXM

Tickets are still available for the Ross Rowland fundraiser event on Saturday, September 21. Come see 765 in the Valley (CVSR) in the morning and early afternoon and finish out the day just a few miles north of CVSR with us, Ross Rowland and the 2100 for a fun night of BBQ, active live steam displays, while reminiscing with Ross on his experiences with the Reading T-1s among others. HINT: There will be more than one kind of T-1 involved in this special event! And even some other examples of Reading steam power as well.

Buy your tickets here at this link:
https://www.fireup2100.org/product/lege ... s-rowland/

Come on out and help support the completion of our firebox working and getting the 2100 back in steam!

To all of our RYPN supporters, thank you for your continuing support. We and the 2100 wouldn't be where we are today without you!

Sincerely,

Rob Gardner
ASR VP and 2100 Project Manager

Post subject: Re: ASR 2100 July 2019 Update and Ross Rowland Event Update
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:25 am 

In a previous post you stated that 2100 had until 2021 when it's 15 year inspection/overhaul is due. How does the work that you folk have done affect this? When the work is done will it go towards the inspection and be a simple signing of paperwork, or will you folks have to tear apart everything that you have done over the last few years?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:48 pm 

hullmat991 wrote:
In a previous post you stated that 2100 had until 2021 when it's 15 year inspection/overhaul is due. How does the work that you folk have done affect this? When the work is done will it go towards the inspection and be a simple signing of paperwork, or will you folks have to tear apart everything that you have done over the last few years?

I think you're mistaken. Unless I'm otherwise mistaken (there are plenty here who can verify this), the clock starts running when the tubes are installed. So if the tubes aren't in yet (I haven't been following every detail), then there's no basis for your 2021 number, or any number, yet.

Adam

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:06 pm 

aswright wrote:
Blurb

Adam

When they started the project, they stated that they wanted to have 2100 earning revenue before her flue time runs out in 2021.

While I try to catch every update that is put out, I don't remember them ever saying that they pulled the tubes. I remember a year or so ago they did a pressure test. Maybe they were pulled after the test....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:52 pm 

hullmat991 wrote:
aswright wrote:
Blurb

Adam

When they started the project, they stated that they wanted to have 2100 earning revenue before her flue time runs out in 2021.

While I try to catch every update that is put out, I don't remember them ever saying that they pulled the tubes. I remember a year or so ago they did a pressure test. Maybe they were pulled after the test....

Maybe I have not been as attentive as I should but I do not recall the tubes being pulled, a boiler survey being performed, or a Form 4 being completed so my uninformed understanding is that they are still on the 15 year/1472 day approval for operation in steam from the last overhaul. If this is the case, at what point in the 15 year/1472 day cycle does repairing the locomotive for operation without doing a complete mandated overhaul and resetting the clock cease to make sense?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:34 pm 

All,

The boiler still has a valid ticket. No tubes, flues or superheaters have been pulled. Our plan, totally driven by contributions, is to get the firebox work completed and allow us some time to run the engine and generate some revenue before the 15-year ticket is up.

Sincerely,

Rob Gardner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:56 pm 

Rob Gardner wrote:
All,

The boiler still has a valid ticket. No tubes, flues or superheaters have been pulled. Our plan, totally driven by contributions, is to get the firebox work completed and allow us some time to run the engine and generate some revenue before the 15-year ticket is up.

Sincerely,

Rob Gardner

Thank you for the refresher/confirmation. When (Month/Year) is the current 15 year period due to expire?