It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cabin Along the NEC S of Bowie
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:51 pm 

Kids' Spring Vacation spent with my parents in Bucks County and Cape May with side trips to DC and Atlantic City. Matt and I were in AC Wednesday for the Governor's announcement of an earlier than planned resumption of service to AC, Princeton, and the Raritan Valley. Friday was an ACELA trip with the kids to DC for the day. The problem with riding the ACELA as a tourist is that it is just moving too fast to take snapshots out the window, which brings me to my question.

Somewhere not too far south of Bowie Tower on the West side of the NEC there is what is either a poorly done garden shed which is meant to look like a cabin car or a really bedraggled wooden caboose, center cupola and two windows per side. I've flown the line on Google Maps a couple of times from New Carrollton north without finding it.

A bit of research turned up this: http://www.rypn.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36256&start=0. There is nothing definitive in the thread about the disposition of the car.

Is it possible that what I saw is the N&W cabin which was at the Bowie Museum?

Subscribing to my grandfather's philosophy that no case is so weak or cause so harebrained that somebody cannot be found to handle it in exchange for a sufficient retainer up front.