It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DRGW #1522 Extended Vision Caboose
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:23 pm 

I was out taking some photos about a month ago from a public street in North Enid when one of the local UP management staff approached. He had seen my pickup around and was curious what I was up to. We ended up visiting for quite awhile about rail photography and careers. He asked me if I had gotten photos of the Rio Grande caboose that had been sitting in the yard since this past spring. He said if not to get them soon.

The caboose had been delivered to the yard for local crews to use this past spring. The caboose has since spent all of its time alternating between two tracks on the East side of the yard. He said they had deemed it surplus and that it would be salvaged when a crew arrives in Enid to cut up a derailed covered hopper. Admittedly I don't know what the process is to procure said caboose or whether it could still be saved yet but thought I would mention it here if someone has any interest in pursuing it.

Post subject: Re: DRGW #1522 Extended Vision Caboose
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:43 am 

Do you happen to have the contact information for the gentlemen you spoke with? Might be a good place to start.