It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: spinning metal forms - large
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:50 pm 

Looking for a source for spinning a bellmouth for the bottom of a stack - steel stock .125" thick, finished diameters 24" OD, 12" ID, radius of spun curve 6". Advice welcome.....

Post subject: Re: spinning metal forms - large
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:30 pm 

Dave I am sure there is somebody closer than this outfit but it is the only one I know of, but there are of course many other places to choose from. I delivered or picked up at this place in Des Plaines, Ill many years ago. I remember them well for a couple of reasons. I had never seen a metal spinning factory before and I had been driving truck for a long time by then. The owner of the company was very cool and personable. They had a small lathe and a bunch of 3ph motors sitting in a storage trailer at the time and he showed them and offered them to me for a price. Strictly rusty iron type stuff but the motors still worked but they had updated to modern motors {foolish people I bet they regretted that}. They also had a fairly old Niles 36-40" lathe in the back room that they seldom used and it was an awesome machine. For these reasons I have never forgotten them. I googled them and they are still in business but not much internet info other than the address and phone number. I called the number to make sure they are still in business and got a recording that business hrs are between 8 Am and maybe 5PM. If your interested you can try them, but your probably working down yonder and this is basically Chicago. Good Luck, John.

All Spun Metal Products
1877 Busse Hwy
Des Plaines, Illinois 60016
Phone (847) 824-4117

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:49 pm 

LA Boiler Works

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:03 am 

Give these guys a call. Talk to Fred Habercamp. He even owns a steam locomotive, Baldwin of sorts. A good guy. Two spinning companies both of which are Fred's. Call either or both.

Columbia Metal Spinning
Phone: 773-685-2800
Fax: 773-685-4328Craft Metal Spinning
Phone: 773-685-4700
Fax: 773-685-80534351 N. Normandy Ave.
Chicago, IL 60634
Email: sales@cmspinning.com

Chris De Witt