It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Guatemalan & Salvadoran narrow gauge... and YOUNG'UNS
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 7:20 pm 

Gentlemen,

Please let me call attention to the wonderful work being done by one of our newest and youngest RyPNers, MR JOHN SKIBA !!!

Buried in the obscurity of the "railfanning" section of this site is a very long list of links compiled by Mr Skiba (RyPN handle FeGua 200) which provide much information and entertainment for anybody interested in the FIdeCA or corporate successors. Well worth the time, but what I do not understand is why this isn't in Interchange, like most everything else.

I might add that it does my heart good to know that at least a few young folks seem quite knowlegable about RR preservation, on this site I've gotten to know Cody Muse, Dylan Lambert, Sam Aufmuth, as well as Brother Skiba. There must be more on RyPN that I don't yet know, but we need thousands more of them if our lovingly preserved artifacts are to have a future once we fossils all croak.

BRAVO !!!!

Sammy King

Post subject: Re: Guatemalan & Salvadoran narrow gauge... and YOUNG'UNS
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:01 pm 

Well gosh, THANK YOU! I must say I have some good mentors and friends who are more than willing to share their knowledge!!!

Cody Muse

Post subject: Re: Guatemalan & Salvadoran narrow gauge... and YOUNG'UNS
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:35 pm 

Sammy, you're gonna make my head grow! Not that it isn't big already but still, do we really need me to have a bigger ego than I already have?

Joking aside, how often do we say on here we need young people to get involved? Or better yet, young people who understand the history? Of course how can we best disseminate that information in a manner that is interesting and understandable? I've got some ideas in my book, but it's still a ways off before I tackle it... I can only do so much at once, and starting my own company has been taking up a sizable chunk of my time lately.

...And yes, before you ask, I've still got my eyes on Sartola. Considering at this point I could move her myself, it's just a matter of the opportunity to arise.