It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: East Broad Top, April 2018 (photos)
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:42 am 

http://www.losttracksoftime.com/p47324941

Continuing my ongoing photography project to document the East Broad Top in its current chapter, last month I made another visit with a camera. Follow the link above to my images from the excursion.

My ninth journey inside the roundhouse since the railroad’s closure in 2011, this time alone; I do not tire from the experience. On this occasion I opted not to utilize any of the ceiling light fixtures, the only illumination through the windows. This is the way appears on any given day, how it was yesterday, how it is today, and how it will be tomorrow.

Some notes from my journal about this latest collection:

"The clouds silently drift past, birds chirping from their canopy above, an occasional morning dove’s call, woodpeckers and a wild turkey’s gobble in the distance. The chattering of crickets. The passing of a jet plane high in the heavens. Church bells chiming on the hour. Raindrops falling to the ground of padded leaves from last autumn. Almost out of respect a school bus still stops at the grade crossing. In the small quiet town life continues. But missing are the sounds of the steam train. As I walk these hallowed grounds early on this fogged morning I feel a connection, a belonging. This railroad, this property, this lore is very relevant in my mind. Still an exciting adventure."

Enjoy,
Matthew