It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: J&L Narrow Gauge Railroad News
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:32 am 

So far this year we have hauled our 1,000th passenger on the J&L Narrow Gauge over our short mainline. We have two more operating weekends this year before 58 is drained and we start tackling the list of improvements to be made. 58 has been a very reliable runner, not giving us much trouble at all. About the worst problems are leaky rod packing on the left side and too much slop on the right side crosshead. Both will be taken care of in the off season.

We are looking to acquire an additional strip of land so that we can extend our mainline about 800 feet eastward behind the museum. Also working on installing engine servicing facilities for the 58. It is going to be a busy off season but I hope that by next spring we will be able to double our operating days and provide a more enjoyable visitor experience, although nobody has complained thus far!

Long range plans call for a 20' addition to the Tod Engine building for a backshop for the narrow gauge railroad. This new addition would be served by our 25 ton Morgan overhead crane, giving us probably the only two foot shop in the country with heavy lift capabilities.

Post subject: Re: J&L Narrow Gauge Railroad News
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:33 am 

Congrats on your successes. No doubt more to come. Your operation is right up there with Nevada Northern on my bucket list. Not real close to each other but both are must see places in my mind. Keep up the good work. Regards, John.