It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Delaware Valley Railroad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:25 pm 

The Delaware Valley Railroad was a shortline that ran from a connection with the DL&W in East Stroudsburg, PA to Bushkill, PA. It dreamed of reaching the L&NE at Saylorsburg to the south and the Erie at Port Jervis, NY but failed to do either. It had multiple bankruptcies and only lasted from about 1901 until 1937, its passenger trains only lasting until 1926. Almost nothing is physically left of this line today.

I am giving a presentation on this line later this month and I thought I would see if anyone on RYPN might have any photos, timetables, tickets or the 1902 guide book that they might share. I have a decent amount of material but would be interested in seeing what else is out there. I an particularly looking for information on the three passenger cars they owned and also the Plymouth 25 ton gas engine they bought new that handled freight on the line in its final years.

Post subject: Re: Delaware Valley Railroad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:27 pm 

After running across this post while looking for information on the fate of the Delaware Valley Plymouth, I can now definitively say that the locomotive was sold for scrap sometime in the mid to late 1990's. The most recent owner was the Landisville Railroad under the Amherst Industries umbrella. After contacting Amherst Madison, the company of which Amherst Industries is a subsidiary, I was referred to the previous owner of Landisville. He has confirmed that the locomotive is gone, which means that we can officially write off the Delaware Valley Railway as extinct, save for the station in Marshalls Creek.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:40 am 

There is an 18-ton Plymouth at Muddy Creek Forks Village of the Maryland & Pennsylvania Railroad Preservation Society that I believe came from Landisville. This could possibly be your girl.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:24 am 

I think that the "18 Ton Plymouth" at Muddy Creek Forks, Pa. on the Maryland & Pennsylvania RR Preservation Society was built for the Conowingo (Maryland) Electric Power Co. McHugh Bros. bought it at a Philadelphia Electric Co. auction on Barbadoes Island, Pa. sometime before 1983 and years later sold it to the Society.