It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Plymouth
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 1999 10:58 pm 

I am thinking about restoring a Plymouth switcher. I was wondering if Plymouth is still in business? Anybody have experience with rebuilding a torch converter? If so, do you have any do's or dont's?<p>Gerry<br>

hottshot65@aol.com

Post subject: Re: Plymouth
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 1999 12:03 pm 

Check out a site called CRITTER CONNECTIONS for such things. Specializes in small industrial railroads.<p>TORCH converter? Maybe TORQUE? As in transmission? Probably there is a large industrial transmission rebuilder in most major industrial urban centers who can offer advice and do the job right the first time. CSRM has a centercab with an automatic transmission in it that was rebuilt about 10 years ago.<p>Dave <br>

lathro19@idt.net

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 1999 12:08 am 

The plymouth works was recently shut down and auctioned. Plymouth used many parts from outside sources, particularly engines and hydralic drives, so a little detective work will allow you to find other sources. Plymouth specific parts will have to be fabricated. I haven't heard anything on the drawings and plans which the factory held, but I hope they went to a museum. <p>Randy Hees<br>

hees@ix.netcom.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 1999 9:44 am 

Thanks for the replies. Sorry for the spelling, I was a little tired when I wrote that. <p>Gerry<br>

hottshot65@aol.com