It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Stewartstown Railroad Car Shop report for April 2014
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:15 am 

It's been a little while, so I figured I'd give a brief update on the restoration of former Reading coach 1341. During the past few months, we had to cut plywood to fill the window openings while we place salvageable glass in new window sashes. Once done, we removed 11 windows , re using the glass I could. We now have five windows 'glassed' and one coat of caulk applied. I noticed, when removing the glass from the old sashes, there was no caulk used previously. I'm thinking the caulk should improve the life of the windows a good bit. I have also picked up a custom mixed gallon of each interior, and exterior paint, so once the sashes have at least a second coat of caulk, we can install the new sashes. In all, I have 7 more sashes ready for glass, and just got a good bit more that need edges knocked down, keeper strips cut, and primer painted. I also have new sash stops and window sills on my list for fabrication. We still have a good bit of work to do, and it goes slow with limited manpower, as most people are helping with the track rehab. I have a little more info on the Railroad's Facebook page, and an Railroad's website- http://www.stewartstownrailroadcompany.com