It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thanks to Sloan et. al.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:29 pm 

I wanted to take a minute to thank Sloan Auchincloss (and a few others) for maintaining the Flimsies section of this website. In this manner, the mission of this organization, the reporting on current events in rail preservation, is addressed in a fairly comprehensive way. It is too bad the links expire, as often the news articles they reference do as well.

I suspect many of you reading the Interchange never browse the Flimsies. Information related to recent Interchange discussions can be found there. For instance: The McKinney Ave transit authority has completed restoration on car 754 has completed and it has returned to service under the name of "Betty," the arrival of Newark PCC car 7 to the New York Museum of Transportation at Rush, and - virtually accross town from Wisconsin's Mid-Continent Railway Museum (who is restoring C&NW 1385) - a new museum is slated to open in Baraboo called the Lake States Railway Historical Association.

I personally found most interesting, the bit on the Prescott (AZ) 1887 Porter dinky, a former steam dummy locomotive.

Again, thank you Sloan for keeping us up to date on bits of news, as well as any other of you who add content to the Flimsies section.
O. Anderson