It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: N.J. rail unification
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 1998 2:08 am 

the list of sites was narrowed down to 3; netcong-port morris, plainfield and phillipsburg with phillipsburg supposedly getting the nod from the museum commission. however some parties weren't happy with the voting outcome and now they're once again spending lots of money on more feasibility studies. never mind the fact that these hundreds of thousands of dollars could go a long way in helping to stabilize a collection which largely sits outside unprotected from the elements. what's the point in building a museum if you've got nothing to display but rust? anyway, i know i'm preaching to the choir, but it's still a shame when you think about it.<p>as far as the make-up of the collection is concerned, most of the items are currently scattered throughout the state of NJ. morristown & erie is temporary home for some of the equipment. and i do believe NJ transit has set aside some pieces for the museum. <p>sorry this info is kind of sketchy. try posting your question on the old AOTT message board: http://msgboards.injersey.com/msgboard/railroads/ i'm sure someone there will be able to shed more light on the current situation.<p>regards, mike shirk<br>

mshirk@DELETEix.netcom.com